- September 27, 2021
- Posted by: info
- Categories: Branding, Marketing Plan, Newsletters, PR
Have you heard the term “email marketing funnel?” Without some context, you may be picturing a typical baking funnel, with flour or milk running through freely. This is actually a good visual to start with. Email marketing funnels don’t involve true baking ingredients at all, but rather steps you take a customer through to eventually close a deal or make a sale. Picture each message as a flowing step through a funnel and out to your desired result.
At the top of your imaginary funnel, picture yourself pouring subscribers into it. You’re adding contacts into the funnel, so you have an audience to receive your emails. Next, you send each subscriber targeted and well-timed email messages to steer them toward your desired result. These messages contain a mix of education, persuasion, and bits to pique their curiosity. As those subscribers move through the funnel and out through the bottom, the idea is that they come out as your customers.
Building Your Email Funnel
Many have thought in recent years that email marketing campaigns have lost their effectiveness. But email has made a comeback as the number one vehicle for successful content marketing. It’s time you take advantage of this fact by building your own email funnel. Here’s how:
- First, you need to choose an email marketing platform, like Mailchimp (which just happens to be free!) or ConvertKit.
- Create a lead generation form. This form allows customers to enter their contact information for you to use in your funnel process. Embed the form into your website.
- Next you need to write your series of emails. Write your messages in the order you would like them to be sent. Perhaps the first is a general overview of your company, while the next educates on the benefits of a particular product or service, and the third has a strong call to action to take advantage of your product and join your family of customers. You decide the series and sequence of messages that suit your business.
- Through your program, you’ll connect your form and series of emails. Your email marketing platform can then automatically send out sequenced emails based on dates, and move your customers smoothly through your personalized email funnel.
Building an email funnel can take some time, as you want to be sure it’s personal, informative, and carries the exact messaging you want at each particular step. Focus on your messaging first, and plug it into the funnel for your best content marketing campaign yet. Happy funneling!
Want to learn more about creating email funnels?
When outsourcing your content marketing to Rampant Social, we’ll meet with you to discuss your business goals and learn about your organization, your audience, and your preferences. From there, we can build an editorial calendar tailored to your business. You’ll receive content that’s well-researched, well-written, and published, and promoted for you.
Rampant Social is a PR and Marketing firm that creates results for its clients through digital marketing, social media, and content creation. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org